It can be a challenging time for the LGBTQ+ community. Ceridian's VP of Corporate Responsibility, Jason Rahlan, shares what we're doing to support inclusion.
The reality is hard to ignore. It can be a deeply difficult time for those of us in the LGBTQ+ community as new laws challenge our rights. This is especially true for transgender and non-binary people, including youth and children.
It is precisely in moments like these that we need the support of our friends, families, neighbors, and employers. As the Vice President of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability and the CeridianPRIDE executive sponsor, I’m deeply invested in how Ceridian supports the LGBTQ+ community. Equity is one of Ceridian’s core values, and I'm proud to have an employer that understands the importance of allyship and support for LGBTQ+ employees and their families. Our company has spent the past year taking concrete actions to better support our LGBTQ+ employees and those with family members who are part of the LGBTQ+ community. This includes:
- Offering a fertility and family-building benefit that is available to LGBTQ+ individuals and couples seeking to become parents.
- Strengthening our paid parental leave policy to 17 weeks for all types of parents and families.
- Developing an LGBTQ+ benefits guide as well as company-wide gender transition guidelines.
- Formalizing a trans-inclusive restroom policy and pronoun guidelines
- Increasing our investment in LGBTQ+ organizations, including the Human Rights Campaign in the U.S. and Rainbow Railroad in Canada.
- Participating in LGBTQ+ job fairs and posting roles on job boards to find and recruit top talent.
- Covering travel-expenses for employees and their family members needing to cross state lines to receive gender-affirming health care.
In addition to these specific new actions, Ceridian has continued to ensure trans-inclusive health care coverage as well as strong policies prohibiting discrimination both in our workforce and across our supply chain.
In this strange and difficult time, nearly every company can and should do more. But I am proud of the steps Ceridian has taken so far to further support our people and their families.
Jason Rahlan is the Vice President for Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability at Ceridian. Prior to Ceridian, he worked at Chobani as its Senior Director for Social Impact and Philanthropy, and he has served in senior communications roles at the U.S. State Department, in the U.S. House of Representatives, at a prominent civil rights organization and think tank, and on political campaigns. He has a M.S. from Columbia University and a B.A. from American University.View Collection